CSGNA is the National leader in Gastroenterology (GI) Nursing contributing to and providing access to, evidence-based standards, guidelines, position statements, expert opinions, publications, and education. CSGNA collaborates and partners with organizations and health care groups to provide advocacy, contributions to research, statistics, and a diverse network of GI Nursing Professionals and associates.
Check out our virtual education!
Join us in Calgary, AB for the 2022 CSGNA National Conference!
"For Guts & Glory!" October 27-29, 2022
Book Your Accommodations at the Carrigage House!
"For Guts & Glory!"
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada awards ten one-time scholarships of $5,000 to students of any age, living with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis who are enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary educational institute for the upcoming fall 2021.
Past scholarship recipients represent students who are living well with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis who not only strive to sustain an optimal level of wellness, but also seek to inspire others to do the same.
This program is made possible by an educational grant provided by AbbVie Canada.
All applicants must submit scanned originals of the following information via online by June 1, 2021 at 11:59pm EDT
- A completed 2021 AbbVie IBD Scholarship online application
- A completed and signed Proof of Diagnosis Form from your treating health care professional (Please note: if you are unable to receive your doctors signature for the Proof of Diagnosis form due to circumstances with COVID-19, you may use a Proof of Diagnosis form from past years. Alternatively, although the application due date will remain June 1st, the Proof of Diagnosis forms will be accepted until June 26th. Any Proof of Diagnosis form submitted after June 26th will not be accepted.)
- A signed and dated Applicant Consent Form
- Two (2) letters of personal recommendation from a teacher, guidance counsellor, school official, coach, mentor, health care provider, professional colleague or employer
- A one (1) page (500 word max.) essay outlining how you demonstrate your academic aspiration and strive to sustain an optimal level of wellness, allowing you to excel to reach your personal and academic goals and inspiring others to do the same.
Questions to address in your essay:
- Why do you strive for academic success?
- How do you strive to sustain an optimal level of wellness?
- What are our personal and academic goals?
- How you inspire others through community and school involvement?
- How you would benefit from the scholarship financially and psychologically?
PLEASE NOTE: Once you begin the online application process, you will not be able to save your information.
Ready to begin? Please fill out the online application form